100% Grass Fed and Finished Lamb is....
- Higher in protein, than other meats. Consuming just 4 oz. will get you over 51% of your protein daily value!
- Lower in fat and calories. It's lean, thanks to a grass diet!
- Higher in Omega 3's(2-4 x's higher than grain fed and finished lamb!) More Omega's in your diet make you less likely to suffer from heart problems, high blood pressure, Depression, Attention Deficit Disorder, Schizophrenia, or Alzheimers.
- Higher in CLA, an omega 6 that researchers are finding helps strengthen bone mass, reduce body fat, balance blood sugars and maintain lean body mass. Not to mention fight cancer and disease!
- Higher in Vitamin E, an immune boosting, age defying anti-oxidant
- Higher in B Vitamins.
- Higher in minerals, like calcium, magnesium and potassium.
- Higher in Lutein- by twice, than grain fed lamb. Lutein fights Macular Degeneration, Breast and Colon Cancers.
- Higher in Antioxidants, and when consumed with red wine, actively reduces the chances for Colon Cancer!
- Lightly flavored and versatile. Despite some common misconceptions about lamb meat, out grass fed lamb is not 'muttony', greasy or 'wild' tasting. It is so easy to cook with, and a delicious addition to any of your favorite recipes.
There's no denying it- Lamb is a great choice, and Grass Fed and Finished make it a fool proof one. Still unsure? Check out some of these facts on common commercial meat production today....
- Most commercial meat producers routinely use antibiotics, (a serious problem if you're concerned about the looming threat of 'super bugs'), hormones and steroids. Instead of treating animals with preventative care, most beeves, chickens and lamb are sick and crowded in their feed lots and holding pens, and these drugs are the only way to keep them alive long enough to get to your table.
- The grain fed to feed lot animals virtually eliminates all the cancer and immune fighting properties and nutritional benefits otherwise found in grass based operations.
- Commercially raised animals are routinely fed a diet of genetically modified corn, other dead animals, and stale chocolate! In an effort to raise the calorie intake of the animal, feed lots serve cows expired candy and chocolate- because it's cheap! Now we know why commercial meat will help you pack on the pounds!
- 1/2 of meat served in U.S. is infected with Staph. Staphylococcous is not included in the check off list of other bacteria present in meat.
- Many cows and sheep spend their 'formative years' grazing on pastures sprayed with chemicals like '2-4-D', an herbicide designed to kill unwanted forage from the pasture- and known to cause neurological disorders, kidney and liver damage, as well as cancer.